Inspiring Education & Travel

Toll Free Numbers from

  • USA: 1-866-514 7479
  • UK: 01800 4049800
  • Australia: 0-1800-603-827
  • Canada: 1-877-442 0843
  • New Zealand: 01800441330

Contact us

  • +(52)33 3658 5858
  • Monday - Friday
    9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
  • Saturday
    10:00 AM - 3:00 PM CST
  • FAQs - Miami, USA

    What is the meaning of "CELTA" or what does CELTA stand for?

    CELTA stands for "Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages."

    How many trainees are there in a class?

    The usual class size is about 8 students per class but the maximum class size is always 12 (and never more).

    Where are most students from?

    We have students from over 60 different countries in the world study with us. However, you will most likely meet people from Mexico, Korea, Japan, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Venezuela, Switzerland, France, and Saudi Arabia.

    What kind of Visa should I get to come to the USA?

    If you plan to stay for 6 months or less, you only need a Visitor or Tourist Visa. You can study, travel or do a study and travel combination within this 6 month period with a Visitor Visa. Whether you are planning on studying with us in Canada and/or the USA, check with the local embassy before your departure. Each country has different requirements and regulations. If you obtain a job, make sure your employer assists you with your working permit.

    How do I travel around the city?

    It is fairly easy to travel by bus. Our accommodations are not far from the school.

    What kinds of people take this certificate program?

    Participants encompass a broad range in age and experience. There are college-age students who are interested in traveling and working overseas; working professionals preparing to enter alternative careers or retirement; stay-at-home moms looking for some extra cash or to re-enter the workforce; people concerned about the economy looking for a job abroad; people wanting to travel and learn a new language and culture; and those who have been teaching in ESOL for many years without formal practical training. Non-native English speakers with strong English skills also take the course so they can teach English when they return to their own countries or elsewhere.

    What are the entrance requirements?

    You must have a high school degree and show a capacity for tertiary education including a good understanding of the English language and good writing skills. Course participants need to have a language level high enough to teach an Advanced level class. Non-native speakers should have the equivalent of the below test scores. All potential participants are required to have an oral interview (which can be done by phone) and write an essay to ensure their language skills are adequate to take the course and to teach English. All participants must show a willingness to plan and teach in groups and to work reflectively.

    For non-native speakers of English, the language proficiency requirements are set as:

    • 650 (paper-based TOEFL)
    • 280 (computer-based TOEFL)
    • 115 (IBT TOEFL)
    • 900 (TOEIC)
    • Band 7 on IELTS
    • C2 on the Common European Framework
    • CPE

    Please note that this is a guide only. If you have not done any of these tests, we can assess your English language level in the application process.

    Do I receive job assistance?

    Graduates of the 4 week programs receive full employment assistance on a 1 to 1 basis. Everybody has different needs and goals and we are dedicated to ensuring that all graduates accomplish each and every one of their teaching wishes. Our experienced staff is composed of ESL and EFL industry experts that have assisted hundreds of graduates over the years. Telephone and in-person assistance is available to graduates on Fridays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.

    What is the difference between TESOL and TEFL?

    Basically they are the same thing. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is an umbrella term that includes Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). TESOL is an acronym that is used more by US-based programs and TEFL more by British programs. Most job postings will include one of these terms.

    Can I change my homestay easily?

    We work very hard to make sure we have only the best homestays working with us. In the event that you encounter problems with your homestay or find the match uncomfortable, you can discuss your situation with our Accommodations Coordinator who will help relocate you if necessary.

    What is the weather like in Miami Beach?

    Miami Beach's subtropical climate ensures plentiful sunshine all year round! Locals talk about two seasons - the rainy season and the look-what-beautiful-blue-sky-we-have-every-day season. Again, search the Internet depending on your time of travel to make sure you come prepared. In Miami Beach, the name says it all, be sure to pack summer beach clothes. This would include sandals, shorts, t-shirts, tank-tops and lots of sunscreen!

    Are there opportunities to teach children instead of adults?

    The CELTA course is designed for adults as they are easier to handle and it is easier for new teachers to learn with adults. If you wish to learn how to teach children, there are Young Learners courses that are available through some centers, however at this time we are not offering this program and they can only be completed after your CELTA is complete.

    Is there job placement or assistance to teach in Miami?

    Each course we speak about the types of job assistance we offer through our school. We encourage all our trainees to register with our in house job placement website; this resource is great to find jobs and to provide tips for resumes and preparing for interviews.

    Can someone who is not in the program stay in the living arrangements with them? Will they be able to stay in a hostel / studio as well?

    Yes, we do not mind if two people stay in the accommodations and only one is participating in the course. We will simply charge them the double room rate for whichever accommodation they choose. We would recommend the studio accommodation in this case as it will provide the most amount of comfort.