The TEFL certificate course offered at our Phuket training center is a 4 week onsite course. Students are required to attend TEFL methodology, theory and language awareness classes in a classroom setting. The course also requires students to receive lesson planning guidance, observe experienced teachers and complete teaching practice.
In gist, the student is required to complete 120 hours of training in 4 weeks which includes:
- 60 hours of classroom learning
- 9 hours of guided lesson planning
- Observation sessions of real-time teaching
- 6 sessions of observing peer at work
- 3 sessions of observing experienced teachers at work
- 6 sessions of real-time teaching practice (under observation)
- Appear for 2 written examinations
On successful completion of the coursework, students are awarded:
- A TEFL/TESOL certificate in English
- A TEFL/TESOL certificate in Thai
- A cover letter from Fairmont State University validating the university-level accreditation of the course, recognized by employers worldwide.
Students of our TEFL certification course can also avail of the following included services:
- Visa and travel counseling
- Pre-arrival information and counseling
- Meet-and-greet session upon arrival*
- Reduced-rate accommodation services
- Twenty-four hour access to emergency services
- Access to the in-campus online TEFL community
- Reduced-rate access to local tours and activities
- Reduced-rate rentals for bicycles and motorbikes
- Lifetime assistance with job placements
- *Conducted only during business hours.
Our course schedule is structured as follows: Monday to Thursday
- Morning: Lectures
- Afternoon: Guided Lesson Planning
- Evening: Observed Teaching Practice
Friday classes end by 12:30. No classes on Saturday and Sunday.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this course: