Job Placement in New York
- The School in New York works with partner agencies in China for job placement assistance for native-speaking university graduates with a TESOL Certificate. Non-native speakers or those without a university degree may also be able to be placed.
- The School regularly hires outstanding graduates as teachers after they receive their certificates. Many current teachers are alumni of the TESOL course
- All trainees are provided with a comprehensive database of private language institutions, community colleges and immigrant organizations that offer ESL classes in the greater New York area, with contact details. This is particularly useful because the ESL industry, more than most, relies on resumes already received when looking for new teachers.
- The School has been in the language training business for 36 years. The School's president is a co-founder of the International Association of Language Centers (IALC) and president of the New York English Schools Association. This level of industry experience provides the School with extensive contacts in language schools in New York and abroad, which are available upon graduation.
- The school provides information on jobs and living abroad for a variety of countries with the scoop from people who have actually lived and taught in those countries.
- Known job vacancies are forwarded to alumni via a bi-monthly alumni newsletter or group e-mailings.
- Alumni are given tips on finding jobs, and trainers are available to review resumes and act as references.
- Once you graduate, you will be connected to graduates of all SIT courses worldwide to facilitate job networking.
- The school provides a list of useful websites that help you find ESL jobs. These sites offer international job postings, advice, and information about working in particular regions.
- The teacher trainers are more than happy to help with any job issues and advice at any time before or after you have completed the certificate program.
Job Offer Program
In addition to the job contacts worldwide, you will have the opportunity of Teaching English in the 5 following destinations: intriguing China, modern South Korea, exotic Thailand, mysterious Saudi Arabia, exciting Spain, charming France, fun Mexico, or Online!
Through the Job Offer program, you will be introduced to different private, public and language schools, and we will assist you in the whole process.